Supporting the Pov During the COVID-19 PandemicThe Poverello Center serves some of our most at-risk neighbors. People who are experiencing homelessness are already in crisis, and are often elderly, have chronic health conditions, are living in Read More...
People of the Pov: 5 Year Anniversary EditionNEWSLETTER CONTENTS The Pov: Then and Now Letter from the Executive Director 5 Years in PovFacts Introducing Champions of Hope Volunteer of the Decade New Night Staff Feature Honoring Read More...
Ongoing Volunteer Opportunities
- KITCHEN: Food Prep: Mon-Sun
Morning: 8 – 10:30 am
Afternoon: 2 – 4 pm
Serve Food: Mon- Sun |
Lunch: 11:30 am – 1:45 pm
Dinner: 5 – 6:30 pm
- FOOD PANTRY: This is the Pov’s version of a food bank.
Distribute: Mon, Wed, and Fri | 5:30 – 7 pm
- COMPUTER LAB: Help residents increase their knowledge of basic computer functions and applications.
- CLERICAL: Help with data entry, filing, and other tasks in the admin office.
- INTAKE DESK: Assist residents with mail, phones, messaging, and other basic needs.
Due to limited space, group sizes are limited to 10 people or less at one time. This ensures that members of your group are consistently busy while volunteering. We can accommodate larger groups with advance notice and special planning. To schedule a large group please contact our Volunteer Coordinator at 406-532-6674 at least two weeks in advance or fill out our application here.
Other Ways to get Involved
- Host a seasonal supply drive!
- Year-round needs:
- Toilet paper
- Travel size toiletries
- Cleaning supplies
- Large trash bags
- Year-round needs:
- Make cards or artwork for our dining room.
- Knit warm hats or bring in adult outerwear during cold weather months — socks, hats, gloves, and jackets.
- Invite the Pov to do outreach at your church, school, or community event.
Click on the icon below to view frequently asked questions!
Here you will complete the volunteer application and sign up for a brief orientation to begin volunteering at the Poverello Center.
Existing volunteers can log-in to our volunteer portal by clicking here. If you have any trouble accessing your volunteer account to sign up for volunteer positions, please contact the Poverello Center Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 406-532-6674.Contact Us Today