Providing food, shelter, help, and hope to Missoula, Montana’s homeless and underserved.
The Poverello Center Resources
The Poverello Center provides food, shelter, help and hope to our community members living in poverty.
The Poverello Center, Inc. is an innovative and progressive non-profit organization in Missoula.
The faces of poverty and homelessness are diverse. On any given day we serve:
- An 18 year old aging out of foster care
- An elderly man who cannot make ends meet on his Social Security income
- A Veteran returning from combat
- A young woman leaving an unsafe situation
- And many Montanan’s struggling to find work
- Short-term emergency shelter
- Veterans housing and services
- Daily hot meals, sack lunches and food pantry services
- Toiletries, bathrooms, and shower facilities
- Emergency clothing and laundry services
- Mail, phone, and messaging services
- Scheduled educational classes and a computer lab
- Medical services through the Healthcare for the Homeless Clinic
- 12 step meetings and other addiction services
- Community resource and referral
- Homeless outreach services
- Community outreach and educational programs
Contact Us Today
Previous Resources Partnership Health Center- The Poverello Center collaborates with Partnership Health Center’s Health Care for the Homeless Clinic to provide on-site medical treatment to homeless individuals and families. Appointments must be made directly with Partnership Health Center by calling 406-258-4789. YWCA’s Gateway Program- The YWCA’s Gateway program, located within the Salvation Army on Russell Street, provides case management and short-term hotel stays to families experiencing homelessness. During evening and weekend hours, hotel vouchers can be obtained at the Poverello Center. If you would like to learn more about their services please visit YWCA of Missoula or call 549-0710. Emergency Food & Shelter- The Poverello Center’s emergency facility provides short-term emergency shelter, food, and supportive services to community members living in poverty. The facility provides a drug-free, caring, and tolerant environment in which to make positive change. Learn more about our Programs & Services.