- Direct Care - Winter ShelterJob Description: Direct Care – Winter Shelter
The Poverello Center is seeking Full and Part time Direct Care Staff.
Summary: Provides services to residents of The Poverello Center, maintains safety and health standards, and provides support services for operation of Center.
Reports to: Shelter Manager
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provides services to residents of The Poverello Center consistent with the rules of occupancy and The Poverello Center’s Mission.
2. Provides assistance to residents as needed.
3. Performs area inspections in accordance with health and safety standards.
4. Maintains safety through rule enforcement.
6. Helps prepare the facility to open through chore assignments and special projects.
7. Completes staff shift tasks in a timely and thorough manner.
8. Documents rule violations and records incident reports.
9. Maintains accurate records in the log.
10. Works collaboratively with other service providers to meet client needs.
11. Performs general office and clerical duties.
12. Staffs the office, answers phone and directs calls as appropriate.
13. Cooperates with law enforcement if required.
14. Performs other duties as necessary.
- Uses time efficiently.
- Responds promptly to client needs and manages difficult or emotional client situations.
- Approaches others in a tactful manner and reacts well under pressure.
- Meets commitments.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and develops alternative solutions.
- Listens to others without interrupting and remains open to others’ ideas.
- Responds well to questions.
- Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Writes clearly and informatively and presents data effectively.
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit and supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Displays a professional demeanor, exhibits confidence in self and others and inspires respect and trust.
- Accepts feedback from others and applies feedback to improve performance.
- Seeks increased responsibilities and volunteers readily.
- Treats others with respect regardless of their status. Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
- Upholds organizational values and follows policies and procedures.
- Is consistently at work and on time, responds to management direction and takes responsibility for own actions.
- Observes safety and security procedures, reports potentially unsafe conditions and uses equipment and materials properly.
-Successful completion of a thorough background investigation.
-Education and/or Experience
-Experience working with homeless individuals or people in poverty is preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Exposure to unpleasant sights, sounds and odors is frequently encountered.
Benefits Offered: After 60 days, full time employees are eligible for Health, Vision and Dental Insurance, an employer matching IRA, as well as PTO accrual. Part Time employees are eligible for PTO accrual.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $15.00 per hour
Email questions and resumes to our HR Assistant, Melissa, at email@example.com.