- Prevention Resource Center VISTA
The Americorps member will assist the Poverello Center’s Development Team. The Development Team oversees and executes the fundraising and communications strategies of the organization, securing the funding for the shelter’s multimillion dollar operational budget. As our organization grows, so too has the Development Team. What started as one, part time position, has grown into four full time positions in 2021. With these four positions, the team is able to achieve record fundraising numbers and produce professional grade external messaging materials.
The Poverello Center will engage one AmeriCorps member to work between July 1st, 2021 June 30th, 2022 at The Poverello Center Emergency Shelter located at 1110 W Broadway, Missoula, MT, 59802. The Americorps member will focus on streamlining our in-kind donation intake and distribution processes, increasing our capacity to accept in-kind donations and reduce organizational spending.
Attitude and General Responsibilities :
- Adopt a people-first perception of those experiencing homelessness.
- Designing and implementing a new in-kind donation program.
- Developing training curriculum to ensure the sustainability of this project.
- Meet with supervisor once a week for thirty minutes to discuss ongoing projects and address any concerns.
- Support program staff, your supervisor, and administrative staff in duties as appropriate and necessary.
- Practice sound health habits, including getting sufficient rest, to effectively perform the position requirements.
- Respect confidentiality of Poverello Center guests, staff, and AmeriCorps members.
- Learn shelter emergency procedures and follow emergency instructions if necessary.
- Report any accidents, illness, or sickness to the organization contact tracing team and member’s direct supervisor.
- Provide ideas for, plan and lead the design and implementation of our new In Kind Donation tracking and distribution strategy.
- Make connections with individuals and volunteers in the community for program outreach and program enhancement.
- Assist AmeriCorps members and staff in programming and activities that are during times you are available.
- Train and assist staff, AmeriCorps members and volunteers.
- Evaluate current donation intake processes and staff capacity.
- Create more efficient donation intake processes.
- Improve donor recognition process to better retain and attract in kind donors.
- Work with supervisor to purchase new storage materials.
- Collaborate with appropriate programs to manage reorganization efforts.
- Create new standard operating procedures.
- Develop training modules to train all current and future staff
- Execute training sessions for all staff.
Citizenship training and responsibilities
- Participate in AmeriCorps training and events as required and requested by the Montana Prevention Resource Center AmeriCorps VISTA Program.
- Participate in and complete AmeriCorps citizenship training.
- Participate in community service activities.
- Participate in orientation training.
- Participate in Poverello Center De-escalation Training.
- Participate in Poverello Center Volunteer Orientation.
AmeriCorps In-Kind Donation Tracking and Distribution Specialist is expected to work from 8:30AM-4:30PM Monday through Friday and participate in monthly commodities room cleanups, attend monthly All-Staff meetings, as well as monthly Development Team meetings.
A successful applicant will possess a sufficient understanding of:
- Microsoft Office Suite software
- Online donation tracking databases
- General non-profit finance and fundraising strategies
Please visit the My AmeriCorps posting to learn more and apply.